A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:30:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Street Program - Tulsa?  (Read 1507 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: January 31, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »

Is Tulsa participating in the Oklahoma Main Street program?  If not...why not?  

I remember hearing rumors that the 11th Street (Rt 66) merchants wanted to be a part of this.  Then there was talk about something in SW Tulsa.  From looking at the website, I don't see Tulsa as a participating community.  Sounds like a terrific opportunity for Tulsa.  And I especially think Rt. 66 is ripe for revitalization...and any assistance would be welcomed.

From the OK Main Street website:
The Oklahoma Main Street Center provides training and technical assistance for preservation-based commercial district revitalization. There are 42 communities in the Oklahoma Main Street program that actively implement the Four-Point Main Street ApproachTM to commercial district revitalization developed by the National Main Street Center. The Oklahoma Main Street Center also administers DesignWorks, a community design assistance program, in cooperation with the Oklahoma Arts Council.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 05:40:49 pm »

Red Fork is the first area of the city to be approved for a Main Street program.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org