A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:28:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ironic?  (Read 2135 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:58 pm »

The Super Bowl this year is held at a stadium named for a university that has no sports team...

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:51:32 pm »

The University of Phoenix, a for-profit university specializing in adult education, acquired the naming rights in September 2006, shortly after the stadium had opened under the name Cardinals Stadium. The "University of Phoenix" name is applied as a corporate sponsor, and not as the home stadium of the University.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:04:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bmuscotty

The University of Phoenix, a for-profit university specializing in adult education, acquired the naming rights in September 2006, shortly after the stadium had opened under the name Cardinals Stadium. The "University of Phoenix" name is applied as a corporate sponsor, and not as the home stadium of the University.

Points for unnecessary wiki-quote.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:29:44 am »

Damn, I thought he was just really smart. [Wink]

There is an article in the TW today about the parent company of u of Phoenix: they brought in  nearly $800,000,000 in revenue last quarter with a  profit margin of 18%.
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/01/07/daily32.html
(same info as TW)

Mixed feelings about that institution.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:25:08 am »

Ticker APOL....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:52:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Damn, I thought he was just really smart. [Wink]

There is an article in the TW today about the parent company of u of Phoenix: they brought in  nearly $800,000,000 in revenue last quarter with a  profit margin of 18%.
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/01/07/daily32.html
(same info as TW)

Mixed feelings about that institution.

My wife, before I met her, was taking a healthcare administration program.  The class failed to make or cancelled a few weeks in.  They did not refund her tuition, she got stuck wtih a student loan on it.  She says she tried everything she could to get it refunded.  Never happened.

I'm sure there are probably many happy people with their programs. Personally, I would not do business with U of P.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org