A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:34:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Hosting  (Read 1920 times)
Wilbur
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:45:38 pm »

Who here is using a web hosting service?  Why do you use the particular service and how much are you paying?  Was your domain name included in the price or did you pay extra?  Did you get your domain name from the same place you got your host service (I read one article that recommends against doing both at the same place)?

Or, is there a way to use the Cox web services and register a domain name, then use the domain name with the cox web hosting?
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:41:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

Who here is using a web hosting service?  Why do you use the particular service and how much are you paying?  Was your domain name included in the price or did you pay extra?  Did you get your domain name from the same place you got your host service (I read one article that recommends against doing both at the same place)?

Or, is there a way to use the Cox web services and register a domain name, then use the domain name with the cox web hosting?

I have a multitude of domains and many users under my hosting account at Dreamhost and I pay about $10/mo for 12 months at a time. They included one free domain which they renew as long as I have an account, aside from that all the rest of my domains are hosted through Dotster or GoDaddy.. but I have never had a problem with a domain no matter where it has been registered.

If you were to register a domain name, you could set up forwarding with many hosts that would redirect the domain name to your cox space. (I know for a fact I could do that on Dreamhost.) If you're interested enough, I could get you a good discount on your first year of Dreamhost Smiley

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:55:03 pm »

I use godaddy for everything.
Nick Danger
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:50 pm »

I've used 1&1 Internet Inc. and have been pleased.
www.1and1.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org