A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:43:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alisee MoMo  (Read 4327 times)
dsjeffries
« on: April 12, 2008, 11:29:33 am »

Next to the Circle Cinema, Alisee MoMo, a French coffee house is about to open.  I went inside and talked with two of the owners, and it seems like it'll be a hit.

In addition to coffee, they're going to have smoothies, panini, wraps and other items.  There's also a lot of space for local artwork/photography, and they want to do some poetry readings in there, too.

Plus, there's free wi-fi (and a couple tvs).
They don't know the exact hours yet, but it'll be around 6am - midnight, six or seven days a week.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:38:06 pm »

Aaah very nice. Would like to see that Whittier Square area develop more.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
MichaelBates
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 04:40:27 am »

They're open! I drove by last night -- didn't have time to stop, but saw people inside and an OPEN sign on the window.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:02:39 am »

The number of independent coffee shops in Tulsa is tremendous.  It is so impressive to me that consumers are supporting these entrepreneurs.  I don't think it's overblown to say that Tulsa is really developing a vibrant cafe culture, which to me is a sign of a healthy, interacting community.
dsjeffries
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:16 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelBates

They're open! I drove by last night -- didn't have time to stop, but saw people inside and an OPEN sign on the window.

Thanks!!  I went by about a little more than a week ago and it wasn't open yet... I'll have to check it out today.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:54:21 am »

I will be by there today to check it out.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
spoonbill
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:02:21 am »

I'll check it out this afternoon.  I'm working in the neighborhood (if you can call it that).
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:42:46 pm »

I did stop by and had a latte and a sandwich.  I will definitely go back for coffee and being next to the Circle a great place to go visit and discuss the movie you just saw.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
MichaelBates
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »

I stopped by early this evening with my seven-year-old girl and two-year-old boy. We shared a piece of cheesecake, and I got a large cup of coffee. My daughter and I played a game of Sorry and tried to keep the two-year-old from moving the pieces around at random. My daughter was very impressed with the comfy sofas and chairs. There was a little delay with the coffee, but everyone was very friendly and the coffee and cheesecake were quite good.

Joyce (whom I took to be the owner) came over and said hello and made us feel very welcome.

I noticed that they close at 9 pm most nights, 6 pm on Sundays. Perhaps they'll stay open later on movie nights. I didn't ask about wi-fi, but I noticed someone using a MacBook.

Whittier Square is shaping up nicely.
CRZ
Citizen

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 08:45:51 am »

I am drinking an americano at Alisee MoMo right now.  The atmosphere is good and the coffee is great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org