News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Hey all

Started by Admin, October 08, 2024, 04:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Wanted to let you know we are doing some much-deferred maintenance in an effort to make sure this site can keep going for years to come. Because of that, the forum looks different, acts a bit different, and some recent posts were lost. Migrating 20+ years of history has some bumps and scrapes. Thank you all for continuing to keep the conversations going!

Urban Enthusiast

Wow, the new site looks nice!  Thanks for updating!

shavethewhales

I'm glad the site is coming back to life. I was wondering if anyone was still alive at the helm.

I know how hard migrating these old forums can be. I actually have a site of my own that has a simple machines forum. It's been around 17 years and I am also trying to figure out how to migrate it up to version 2.1, lol. After awhile they aren't as easy to update as just clicking a button, especially if you have hard coded custom features.

Admin

Luckily we had the help of TulsaConnect who has been out hosting provider since the website started. They had to put a lot of manual effort into getting things working both on wordpress and SMF. The SMF part was the one we had worried about the most.

Red Arrow

Is the clock set to Central Time Zone?  Right now it's 2332 CDT but the time at the top of the page shows October 10, 2024, 05:32:46 AM.

Admin

Quote from: Red Arrow on October 09, 2024, 11:34:29 PMIs the clock set to Central Time Zone?  Right now it's 2332 CDT but the time at the top of the page shows October 10, 2024, 05:32:46 AM.

Central London apparently.

Hoss

Quote from: Admin on October 09, 2024, 01:19:53 PMLuckily we had the help of TulsaConnect who has been out hosting provider since the website started. They had to put a lot of manual effort into getting things working both on wordpress and SMF. The SMF part was the one we had worried about the most.

Tulsaconnect is who my company uses for their servers (at least the ones in Tulsa; have another redundancy in Atlanta GA).  In my capacities as an employee, I've been down to their server farm at Corporate Woods and visit it about once a month.  Top notch people and a good facility.